Saturday 1 December 2012

December is Here!

Can you believe it is already December?  I've had a hard time wrapping my head around that...perhaps because I have only just returned to work from maternity leave and it feels like it should be September! 
Christmas is my favourite time of year and I have so much that I want to do with my little kiddos that I had better get cracking!  Yesterday we did an adorable wreath craftivity with our big buddies. I found it on pinterest and it turned out really great. I forgot my camera at school, so I don't have any action shots, but this is the wreath....so cute and so doable...even for the kindies!

 It was so great to see them all working together and helping each other out.  I have never done big buddies before, but if this first get together was an indication of things to come, I am so glad that I decided to try it this year!

Next week I am going to introduce my new Christmas Initial Sounds Bingo game for the smartboard to the kids.  Such a fun, easy way for the kids to learn and practice their initial sounds.  Students click a tile to reveal a letter.  They then search their board to see if they have a picture that starts with that letter.  If they need a bit of help, they can touch the picture to hear what the word sounds like.  I think it's going to be great for Literacy Stations and Centers time!  Here's what it looks like.  You can click on the cover to head to my teachers store if you want to see more :)


I hope you all have a great weekend!
Terra

No comments:

Post a Comment